Saturday, June 16, 2007

Frustration at Companies....

Well, why is it that some companies profit off of shipping expenses??? I just received a fragrance oil order for my business and the package weighed ONE pound and I was charged almost 4.00 more than it actually cost to ship the package!! I visited the USPS site to get an actual cost to ship the package and there it was as plain as day 4.60!!! And I was charged 8.20. Sure, add a few packing peanuts in there and that might constitute an additional 1.00, but this is ridiculous. This company is notrious for overcharging and it is so frustrating. I have contacted them and complained, but not sure how much good that will do. I have phased out a lot of my oils because it's so difficult to carry from multiple suppliers who want to charge an arm and a leg for shipping. I only charge my customers exact shipping costs because I know how frustrating it is to pay for extra shipping on top of product costs. GAH!

Now that I have gotten that off my chest because it's been bugging me for quite some time.... Kara's last day at her previous day care provider was Friday. We were all sad.... her daycare provider is going to start teaching at the local school so we had to scramble to find a GOOD daycare that provided adequate care and met our needs. We found one but it just makes me so nervous to change... I hate change sometimes and when it comes to your kids you only want the best for them... never thought I would hear myself saying that, but it's true. And you worry about them being around other kids who's parents might not care as much and you don't want bad attitudes rubbing off on your child. So she starts Monday.....

I am busy this weekend packing orders and getting things done around the house. Kara is in her playpen just playing away. Amazing how they can occupy themselves for hours!!

No comments: